- It will decrease the divorce rate.
- NO EFFECT ON THE HETEROSEXUAL COMMUNITY: Gay Marriage will have no impact whatsoever on heterosexual communities.
- IT’S AN ISSUE OF EQUAL RIGHTS: Denying marriage to two individuals who love each other is to deny them a fundamental freedom.
- GAY MARRIAGE IS ALREADY A REALITY: Many gay couples are already married to each other and are happy at their homes so what’s the problem in granting them the legal rights?
- IT WILL DIMINISH YOUTH SUICIDE: One of the main reasons why teenagers commit suicide is due to the child being bullied because of his/her sexual orientation. But when they’ll see the society respecting them, the suicide thought will definitely vanish.
- HOSPITAL VISITATION & MEDICAL RIGHTS: Till now gay partners have no access to medical information about their condition without a blood relative. Legalising their marriage will allow them to make medical decisions on behalf of their spouses.
- INCREASE AMOUNT OF CHILDREN SUCCESSFULLY ADOPTED: Gay marriage will increase the chances for thousands of foster children to gain loving parents and families.
- ECONOMIC BENEFITS OF MARRIAGE: Every gay couple wants to marry the same way like others do and legalising same sex couple marriages would add $142 million to the economy.
- Allowing same-sex couples to get married will provide them and their families with real social and cultural benefits.
- Homosexuality is a human characteristic, not a crime.